Monday, January 11, 2010

Trusting Humanity

Okay, so I began this story in a small notebook. I only wrote the first page. On the cover I painted "This Book is for You." On the first page, I noted that this story is to be written by those who pick it up. When they finish their entry, I requested they place it back on a/the bench. My hope was I would come get it later on and then post pictures of each written page on this blog.
So, I tried it out the very next day and because it was its first day, I decided I would attempt to watch the first unsuspecting author pick it up. As I sat a safe noncreepy distance away, I watched as two homeless men walked by it. One stopped and stared at it for a moment. Then I saw him pick it up. You can imagine my excitement. He read the instructions inside but instead of sitting down to write, I watched him quickly shut it and put it in his little bag.
I decided without further contemplation to follow these men but only in hope to see one of them write in it and then put it down on another bench. Well after a lot of walking and sneaking around, something I promise I don't usually do, something incredible happened. They stopped at a gas station and one went inside. The one with the hand bag threw down his giant army sack down and sat on it. Then I was amazed to see him take out the book.! He read through it again and then took out a pen and started to write!!! He wrote and he wrote. However, he didn't put it down on any bench though. He put it back his in hungry little bag and they preceded to walk further, but not much further. Before I knew it, they disappeared down a trail into a nearby forest. The same way I refuse to eat olives, I refused to follow them into their little bum village.
I think what I have learned, is that I can't follow the story every step of the way. I need to trust in humanity that it will continue and hopefully make its way back to me eventually. I pray that the story is continuing.
If you have had the book, Im glad you did, I hope you wrote or drew something. It is greatly appreciated and I thank you highly for being part of this. I believe my phone number is still inside (561) 827-5457. If you do have it or had it, I would love an update or to have it back so I can post the story on this blog. Please contact me. You can also email me at regada07@gmail.com

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment